The recently introduced two male cheetahs are coping well in their new environment, having already made a couple of kills. The two young brothers are very inquisitive and are still exploring their new territory, covering great distances on a daily basis. We look forward to them settling down and having regular sightings of them.
We have been blessed with amazing sightings this month:
- a crash of 10 rhinos together with a breeding herd of about 25 buffalo,
- great crocodile and hippo interaction with a large crocodile tempting the hippos who were sleeping peacefully
- after a good rain shower giraffes playfully running on the plains together with large herds of eland and zebras.
- a digging aardvark
- Elephant walking in the road while taking mud showers
- Two very special cheetah sightings, one being where they were chasing zebra and we nearly saw fresh hyena tracks on a daily base.
- The bird viewing has also been spectacular with pintail whydah, the illusive orange breasted bush shrikes, brown snake eagles and ground hornbills being spotted, to mention a few.